Wednesday, May 11, 2022

7 Mile Run

 On Monday my scheduled workout was a 5 min easy warm-up, 7 miles at an "easy to moderate" pace, and then a 5 min cool down.

I ended up doing the workout in my neighborhood.  The loop that I started running is just short of 1 mile.  I think it's about .95 miles.  The run felt decent for the most part.  I did my warm-up, ran the 7 miles at an 8:15 min per mile average, and then did a 5 min cool down.  In the end with the warm-up, 7 miles, and 5 min cool down I covered 7.98 miles.

I did eat a little too much for breakfast.  Around mile 5 I really felt like throwing up might be a good idea, but I held my food down and finished my run.

When the workout was over I felt pretty good.  I pushed just hard enough on that day.

This coming Thursday I am going to repeat the 800 meter workout I did last week.  I really enjoyed that workout and I'm really looking forward to doing it again.  I've always enjoyed doing 400 and 800 meter repeats.


until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment