Friday, May 13, 2022

Time Management

 I was scheduled to do a training run on Thursday morning.  I had it all planned out.  Workout at the gym in the morning, take the kids to school, run as soon as I got home, take a fast shower, then go to work.  I couldn't run after work because my son and I were going to a Death Metal concert as soon as I got off from work.  Goatwhore was coming to town, and there was no way I was about to miss them.

It felt like a solid plan.  Then on Wednesday night I notice an email about a work meeting at 9:00am on Thursday morning.  Shit, how is this suppose to work?

I could have skipped my run, but instead I looked at my schedule.

1.  Get to the gym at 5:15am and get our workout started at 5:30am so we can be done at 6:10am

2.  Leave the gym by 6:15am so I can get home by 6:30am

3.  Start my run at 6:35am so I can finish by 7:25am (I was scheduled to do the same workout as last Thursday and it took me 50 mins, so I just needed to keep the effort, or run faster.)

4.  Leave the house at 7:30am to take the kids to school and be back home by 8:15am

5. Get home and take a fast shower.

6  Leave the house by 8:30am so I can get a breakfast burrito on the way to work and also get there on time.


This was the plan, and I nailed it.  I love having everything planned out on a schedule and having a visual reference to go off of.  I hate being late and not having a plan.

Luckily Brandon and Ashley are very self sufficient and if I tell them that I need them ready at a certain time, they are usually good to go.

My training run went well, and everything is still on track.  On Saturday my training plan calls for a hard effort 1 mile run after the usual warm-up, cadence drill, and acceleration drill.  I'm wondering what type of pace I can hold.  Hopefully a 6 min mile or faster. I guess I'll find out Saturday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment