Monday, June 10, 2019

06-10-19 Headlands 100 Training Update




Another week down of training.  It's all slowly coming together, and it's coming together slowly.  I went on a 5.25 mile run a few days ago, did a 30 min training session at 9Round (where I work a few days a week) and I then ran back home.  It was super hot out that day, and the run back home was very difficult.

I was planning on running a 50k last Saturday, but I wasn't able to get out to the race.  I've tried to run the Shadow Of The Giants 50k several times in the past, but I have always had something get in the way of me making it out to the race.  I accidentally messed up requesting the day off and was scheduled to work.  I honestly feel like I wasn't suppose to run this race on this weekend, and that as much as I wanted to run, it wasn't suppose to happen.

At the end of 2018 I was playing around with the idea of going back and running the Cool Moon 100 miler this year.  I honestly dropped the idea after not having my Achilles tendon recovery take longer than I expected.  I started thinking about this race again on Saturday, and this race started making more sense to me.  I contacted my friend that is the Race Director, and after messaging  him a few times, I've decided to run the Cool Moon 100 Miler on August 10th.  That gives me 2 months to be ready to a 100 mile adventure.

This race is really difficult.  It's hot, exposed, has a good amount of climbing, and it's also 100 miles.  I'm really looking forward to giving this event everything I have in 2 months.

That's all I have for today...



Until Next Time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment