Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Free Tibet


A couple  weeks ago I did an interview with my local news paper about the run I'm planning on doing from my home in Fresno, Ca to Washington D.C.

Today I got a few text messages from some friends saying they read the article in today's paper.  I'm happy to know that word is getting out about the run I'm planning and the charity that I'm doing it for.

I am planning on running about 3,000 miles to raise awareness of the human rights violations that the people of Tibet are experiencing by the hands of the Chinese government that has been occupying Tibet since the 1950's.  I'm still working on a long list of logistics that comes with trying to run across America.  I have the route half way planned out.  I have a rough draft of the Fresno, Ca to Washington D.C. route already done.  I have a list of Fleet Feet running stores that I'll visit on my way across the country, and now I'm adding Buddhist Temples to the route.  I hope to have the route better planned out by the end of this year.

I'm still trying to raise funds for the trip.  Running across the country is going to take a lot of time and money.  I'm currently looking for help with the cost of the trip, and for anyone who can help out with supplies.  So far Balega socks are on board with giving me enough socks for the run, and it looks like Saucony might be helping me out with shoes.

This is going to be a big adventure, and I'm really hoping that I'll be able to pull this off.  The more support I can get the better. 
I hope to have more info posted on my plans soon.  Hopefully I'll have friends come out and run part of the route with me, and hopefully I'll be able to make new friends along the way.

This is a cause that I really believe in.  Even if you can't donate money to my run, or the Tibetan cause, please take a few minutes to do a little research and see for yourself what's going on in Tibet.

Until next time...


KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment