Sunday, December 6, 2015

Today's Run

Today I went for a trail run.  I ran just under 22 miles on the San Joaquin River Trail.  The trail is about 20 mins away from my house and I really enjoy running on it.

I met up with Kelly and Louis and ran the first few miles of my run with them, and it was really nice having company at the start of my run.  The three of us were able to knock out the early miles pretty fast.  Around mile 4.5 Kelly and Louis turned around on the trail and headed back to the car.  I still had a few miles ahead of me, so I set off to run the next few miles solo.

I really enjoy running on the trails by myself.  Most of the time I'm out on the trail I'm able to clear my head and refocus. There's something very comforting about running on the trail and looking at the mountains, the trees, the river, and just being able to take it all in.  There are times out on the trail when everything just seems to feel all synced up.  I'm able to get lost in the moment and the miles just fly by. 

Sometimes I stop in the middle of a run and just look at the mountains and think about how lucky I am to be out there running on the trails.  I never take a moment on the trail for granted, even when I'm suffering on it.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment