Saturday, October 24, 2015

10-24-15 U.S. Open (Day 1)

This is the weekend I've been waiting for since the beginning of summer.  At 12:30pm Steve and I drove up to Santa Cruz for the 20th Annual Jiu Jitsu U.S. Open.

I haven't competed in about 7 years.  I gotta say, I'm a little nervous.  My friend Bernard has his match in the next 30 mins, and my match will be sometime around 11:30am Sunday morning.

I don't have to really worry about making weight tomorrow morning.  I'm in the 181 to 195 division, and right now I'm walking around at 185 pounds.  This means I can have a nice breakfast tomorrow morning, and I can even eat a little before my match takes place.  Not having to worry about making weight is a huge relief.  I've been eating good the last few days and staying hydrated.  I feel pretty strong and I'm ready to get this done tomorrow.

I'm really looking forward to a huge dinner once Bernard is done with his match.

I've worked really hard the last 4 months and plan on giving a really hard fight to the guys I get to compete with tomorrow.  I can't wait to get on the mat and get to work.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment