Tuesday, October 20, 2015

10-20-15 Movin' On Up

After a lot of hard work trying to get my weight back down to 174 pounds for this weekends tournament, and practically working out all day trying to get there, I've decided that it's better to move on up instead.

I received an email today from the people putting on the tournament saying, "any change in registration needs to be made by 11:59am today."  I called my coach Steve and told him I'm having trouble getting my weight down, and I don't feel like I can possibly keep up the pace on the workouts I've been doing and feel good about this weekend.  I've been hovering close to the 180 pound range, and that's the top of my weight limit.  If I don't make weight for the tournament I automatically get disqualified.  I also have to weigh in right before my match, and I don't really feel like stressing over making weight at this point.  After a short talk with Steve we decided I should move up to the 181-195 pound (medium heavy) weight category.

That being said, I enjoyed a few candy bars and some Pepsi today.  I also plan on hitting a pizza buffet on Thursday. 

Now, I'm not falling of from my training, I'm just not going to kill myself like I have been.  Now I'm going to be able to have a solid breakfast on the morning of the tournament and not have to worry about if I might be over weight. 

Today I still had my typical Tuesday jiu jitsu workout.  I met up with Bernard and Steve and trained for an hour and a half in the afternoon, then I trained again tonight.  I decided not to run today since I did 18 miles yesterday, and I simply didn't feel like riding my bike so I skipped that today too.  I also wanted to be well rested for tonight's jiu jitsu class.

Wednesday and Thursday I plan on running 10 miles and hopefully I'll get in a long run on Friday morning.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment