Thursday, October 15, 2015

10-15-15 Easy Day

I slept in today, and it felt awesome.  This was the second time this week I didn't wake up until 7:00am and it was really nice.  I think my body has been needing a little more rest than I've been giving it.

Today I spent an hour working with Bernard getting ready for the U.S. Open.  We talked a lot about strategy for our matches, what's been working for us and what hasn't, and what we can clean up in the next 10 days.  We got in a good hour of sparing today.  There were a few times where it felt like we were literally trying to kill each other.  We both want to do well at the tournament, and we both were bringing our best game to practice today.  I was pretty physically exhausted when we were done practicing today.

I was going to ride my bike and lift weights after work, but I honestly just don't feel like it tonight.  I have to admit that I'm just not feeling mentally 100% right now.  I've been pretty mentally exhausted lately.  Hopefully I can just keep my shit together enough for the next 10 days to get through my tournament training... and the tournament.

I know I can't sit around wallowing in self-pity right now, and I need to stay focused.

Tomorrow I'll get a good cardio and weight workout in, a trail run after I take the kids to school (hopefully it will still be raining), and then one hour on my bike trainer after work.

I need to stay focused and put in a ton of hard work because I want to make sure I make weight for the tournament.  It would suck to be a pound or two over weight and get disqualified because of that.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment