Tuesday, October 13, 2015

10-13-15 The Unraveling

Today was a hard day, mentally and physically.

I had a chance to sleep in today (7:00am) and it was nice not being up at 5:00am like usual.

I've had a lot weighing on my mind and it was totally dominating my day.  I don't really want to get into what is going on in my personal life right now, and I'm not going to...

I dropped the kids of at school at 8:15am, and by 9:00am I was on the trail running.  I got in a solid 10.7 mile run today.  I ran out to the big bridge that crosses the San Joaquin River so I could try to clear my head.  Did it work... not really.  I headed back to my car after crossing the bridge, and everything was going pretty good, until I hit the final 1 mile climb to the car.  The push of the climb was bringing out emotions I didn't feel like having.

Sometimes during a hard training session emotions come out... good and bad.  I'll just say that it wasn't the good ones that were going on today.

After I got done with my run I got cleaned up and headed to jiu jitsu training with my friend Bernard. We both have the U.S. Open coming up in a little bit, so we've been training pretty hard.  Our hour training session was a little more rough for me than normal. Being distracted while someone is trying to choke or arm lock you is never good, and today's training session was not good.  I basically got smashed for an hour and it wasn't very fun, but not all training is fun all the time.

I went back to train in the evening during the normal jiu jitsu class time, and luckily didn't get crushed as bad as last week.

There's always times in life when life feels like it's falling apart, like you're on a downward spiral.  That's what I'm feeling like right now.  How long will it last, I'm sure for quite awhile.  The trick is regulating when, and if, you can let the emotions take over.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment