Sunday, October 11, 2015

10-11-15 Hitting The Trail

I finally hit the trail today for the first time since The Headlands 100.  I took the 50k training group I'm leading out to the trail.  Our goal was to run about 20 miles.

I took the Saucony Nomad trail shoes out for the second time.  This time I was able to see how they really handled on some single track trails.  I was very pleased with how they responded on the trail.  The shoes lack a rock plate, so I don't know if I would take them on anything too rocky, but for some nice single track trails they worked pretty good.

I was able to get in 23.5 miles on the trail today. I really needed to get in some miles since the Fresno marathon is only 3 weeks away.  I haven't gotten in very many high mileage runs in lately, so I really needed to get in a long run today.

I'm hoping I can get a few 20 mile runs in this week, but I'll have to see what happens.  I have a lot going on in my head right now, so some long runs might mentally do some good... or it might be my own slow self destruction... I'll just have to see what happens.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment