Saturday, October 10, 2015

10-10-15 Repeats

Easy workout today... I guess.

I woke up and didn't really feel like running.  The only thing that got me out there was the fact that I had to meet the training group I'm leading at the track for their Saturday morning workout.

I decided I would go out and just coach everyone. Then when I got to the track I figured that I'd run and see how I felt.

We were doing 800 meter repeats today.  I decided to do an 800 meter warm up and then see how I felt.  After my warm up lap I decided to do 4 x 800 meter repeats with the group.  My personal goal was to run each 800 meter in 3 mins and rest for 2 mins between sets.  I successfully accomplished my goal, but didn't feel excessively good at the end of my repeats.

I definitely need to start doing more track work again.  I use to do 12 x 800 meter repeats, today I thought that doing 4 was going to kill me.

I'm really looking forward to our workout tomorrow morning on the trail.  I hope I can get 18ish miles in before I have to be at work.

I didn't do any weights, pushups, or anything like that today because I wanted to let my body rest a little.  I feel pretty good right now and hope I'll be well rested enough to run hard tomorrow.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment