Wednesday, October 7, 2015

10-07-15 ups and downs

Today started well.  I was pretty sore from last night's jiu jitsu training session, but not sore enough to not workout.

I got to the gym a little early and did my normal H.I.I.T. workout that I do on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (jump squats, high knee jumps, regular squats, and mountain climbers).  After that I did 45 mins of cardio and weights with the guys in the morning class I teach in the morning at Redlion Jiu Jitsu. 

After class I headed home to get my kids up and ready for school.  I had enough time after getting my kids up and moving to knock out my sets of pushups (78, 32, 26, 20, & 18). After I got home from dropping the kids off at school I jumped rope for 30 mins before I headed off to work.

On Wednesday evenings I've been working out with my buddy Bernard. We work on our Jiu Jitsu game for about 30 mins and then run a couple miles. 

Jiu Jitsu is always filled with peaks and valleys... ups and downs.  For the last few weeks Bernard and I have been working really hard and enjoying a very nice ride up and fine tuning our games.  The peak moments in training are awesome!!!  Everything seems to make sense, and the moves seem effortless... but then there are the low points... the valley.

Right now I feel like I've entered the valley.  Nothing is flowing,  I'm trying to force chokes and arm locks that just aren't there.  I'm in survival mode half the time I'm sparing, and my flow is off.  My only hope is that I can get my shit together before the U.S. Open at the end of the month.

When Bernard and I were sparing tonight I felt like I was just receiving an ass beating for 30 mins straight.  I couldn't do anything, I had no fight in me, and that killer instinct just wasn't there.

My hope right now is that I won't stay in the valley for too long, and that I'll make my way up to the peak again.

I have a one hour training session with Bernard tomorrow afternoon before I go to work.  He's going to help pick apart what I need to change up, what I need to improve on, and hopefully help me get my shit together.

Life is full of peaks and valleys... ups and downs... highs and lows...

The important thing is how you deal with the good parts, and how you deal with the bad parts.  I'm lucky enough to have an awesome Jiu Jitsu coach, and an awesome team that I train with.

If you want to excel in anything in life you have to have a good team to back you.  I have an awesome support team for Jiu Jitsu, running, and life.

...that's all I got for tonight.  I gotta get up in a few hours and get tomorrow started.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment