Tuesday, October 6, 2015

10-06-15 "Getting My Ass Kicked"

Today started pretty solid. I got back into my weight routine, jumped rope for 30 mins, and then headed off to Fleet Feet Sports to sell some shoes.

Tonight I went to jiu jitsu class and knew it was going to be hard workout. Tuesday nights are typically "cardio night" so the workout is a little harder than normal, and with the U.S. Open coming up the harder than normal workout was harder than normal.

To be honest I was happy that I didn't throw up in class.  Everyone was rolling pretty hard tonight to get ready for the tournament.  It's funny how you do a 6 min round with a friend, practically try to kill each other, and then shake hands afterwards... then you find another buddy, and try to choke and arm lock each other for another 6 mins.

I haven't had the time to train as much as I would like. I'm lucky if I get to go to class once a week.  Luckily I have a few buddies that I make time to practice with outside of class, but it's sometimes hard to keep up with guys 15 years younger than me and that are training 5 times a week.

Today was one of those "survival mode" types of days.  I felt like I was getting an ass kicking to 90 mins straight.  The important thing is to take it as a learning experience.  It's good to get a humbling ass kicking from time to time.  I feel like I'm going to have more focused training sessions now, fill the holes in my game, and hopefully become a better jiu jitsu player because of it.

It's those hard training sessions that make me want to train harder.  I can't wait to get back on the mat and do it all over again.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment