Thursday, August 15, 2013

Rest and Recovery (2 days until my next 100)

The last week and a half has been all about balance.  Trying to balance resting, training, and recovering.  I've never ran two 100 mile races this close together before.  I've been working out decently over the past several days, but I certainly have not been pushing it as far as intensity goes.  I also know that in 2 weeks I'm not going to loose much of my stamina since I just ran a pretty hard 100 mile race.  As of today I'm in full 100% rest mode.  I'm not running, lifting weights, exercising, or any of that.  
Today and tomorrow are suppose to be nice and relaxing days.  Hopefully this will lead up to a good recovery.

So, here are some of the things I've been doing to help with my recovery.


#1 Chia Seed:  I take this everyday, once in the morning and once at night.  One tablespoon mixed in an 8 ounce glass of water.



#2 Acai Juice:  I drink an 8-12 ounce glass of this everyday.  I started drinking it years ago when I was doing a lot of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournaments.  It was sold all the time at the tournaments.  It's pretty good for you, but I honestly started drinking it because I really like the taste.



#3 Epsom Salt Baths:  Once a day I take a a hot Epsom Salt bath.  It's nice and relaxing and feels good after a hard workout.



#4 Sleep:  The week before a race and the week after I try to get a good amount of sleep.  I love feeling well rested and fresh the day of a race!!!



These are things I do that work for me.  I buy the chia seed, acai juice, and epsom salt at Costco.  


Now it's time to do #4 and get some sleep.


Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment