Thursday, August 8, 2013

Balance (10 days until my next 100)

When I woke up today I didn't feel as sore as I did the other day.  My recovery seems to be heading in the right direction.  My legs feel about 70% recovered.  As much as I wanted to run a little today, I didn't run at all.  I decided a day off to recover was needed.

Instead of running before I had to go to work I did today's workout on my push-up app instead.  The workout for today was...
50 push-ups
4 min rest
26 push-ups
4 min rest
26 push-ups
4 min rest
22 push-ups
2 min rest
18 push-ups

After a 12 hour work day I got home and ate some dinner.

Tonight's workout was something I haven't done in a few months, but to me is key for proper muscle balance.  After doing 20 lunges to warm-up, I did four sets of single leg squats, and each set consisted of 25 reps.  After that I did 3 sets of 25 side leg raises.  Then I made sure to spend a few mins doing a little maintenance with the good old foam roller.  I can honestly say that my legs are feeling pretty good and tired right now.

Now it's time for a good night sleep, and hopefully a short workout before I go to work Thursday morning.



Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment