Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2065 Miles

I had a very eventful year in 2012.  I ran my 3rd consecutive AR50 and also set a 50 mile PR while doing it.  I received my first DNF while running the San Diego 100 after accidentally going off trail and getting lost.  Going off trail led to me missing the time cutoff around mile 31.

The night before my wedding I held a fundraiser for The Central Valley Ronald McDonald House where myself and other runners raised over $2500.00 running around a local high school track.  I ended up running 12 hours (9:00pm to 9:00am) and accomplished 54 miles.

I ran my first 100 miler in under 24 hours, ran my furthest race ever (125 miles), and I was once again privileged to crew for my friend Oswald Lopez at the 2012 Badwater Ultra Marathon.

My total mileage goal for 2012 was 2000 miles.  I hit that number in the middle of December.  All the extra miles after that were a bonus.  On December 31st I drove about 2 hours to San Martin to run with my ultra running friend Leigh.  She arrived to our running location about an hour before me and got a jump on her miles for the last day of 2012.  When our run was over she had run a 50k (31 miles) and I had ran a marathon (26.2 miles).

My total mileage for 2012 ended up being 2065 miles.  It felt good to run 65 miles over my goal, especially since I was very behind on my mileage the first half of the year and had to play "catch up" the second half of the year.

2012 was a good year of running, and I can't to see what will 2013 will bring.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow David, I'm very impressed!

    2065 miles is an AMAZING accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself!

    -- Param

    ReplyDelete