Saturday, December 29, 2012

Speed Work

Today I started my training for my quest to finally run a sub 18 min 5k.  I haven't done any speed work in quite some time, so it wasn't as easy as it use to be.

I reluctantly got out of my nice warm bed, got dressed, put on my running shoes, and drove over to the track.

I haven't done any speed work in months, maybe even 6 months. 

I didn't have a lot of time to run because I had to be at work early today, but I figured some speed work was better than no speed work.

I did a short 3/4 of a mile warm up then did 4x400 meter repeats.  I took a 90 second rest between repeats.  I hit each 400 meter in my desired time of 80 seconds. During the last repeat my legs were feeling a little wobbly.

Then I did a 1/4 mile walk around the track and headed home.

Hopefully next week I'll have time to do 8x400 meter repeats at the same pace.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment