Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Run d'Amore 125



One of my goals for 2012 was to run, and complete, four different 100 mile races.  On my way to reach this goal, I fell short at the San Diego 100.  This year I had completed the Rocky Road 100, Run-de-Vous 100, and Headlands 100. 

At the San Diego 100 my friend Kyle and I went off trail very early on in the race and went from being in the middle of the pack, to eventually finding our way back onto the trail and ending up in dead last place.  Mentally I couldn't fight back from the mistake.  I slipped further and further behind and around mile 30 I was pulled from the race because I missed the time cutoff by 5 mins.  Later on in the San Diego race, went on and paced my buddy Kyle who made an incredible comeback from our mishap. 

Around late September I was looking for a 100 mile race.  I really wanted to run, and complete, four 100 mile races this year.  Then one day one of my ultra running friends told me about a race that was going to be put together called the Run d'Amore.  The race was going to be put on by the same guys who put on the Run-de-Vous, and was going to be on the same 2 mile loop course.  This became appealing to me since I had just ran my 100 mile PR at the Run-de-Vous 100 (sub 24 hour), and going back and running the course sounded good.  Then I found out that the Run d'Amore not only had a 100 mile race option, but it would have a 125 mile option.

This was perfect!!!  Not only would I now have a chance to get in another 100 mile race this year, but now I would hopefully accomplish my 4th 100 mile race of 2012.  I would also, if all goes right, run my furthest race ever.

One of the highlights of the race was not only running all day and night with some awesome ultra running friends that I only get to see at races.  But, I must say the highlight of the event was having my son Brandon (6 years old) run 2 of the 2 mile loops with me.  He's helped crew for me at a few races, and has seen me finish just about all the local races in Fresno, and he was very excited to get to run a few miles with his old dad.

So... here is the video of the race, and I hope you enjoy it.


Until next time...  Keep Running!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment