Thursday, May 5, 2022

My 2nd Workout

 Today I did my second workout on my Garmin Connect Coaching App.  The first workout was pretty straight forward.  I did a 2 min warm-up, 5 mins at a working effort, and a 2 min cool down.  This was the benchmark workout.

Todays workout had a little more to it.

The workout started with a 5 min warm-up.  After I was warmed up I did a cadence drill where the goal was to maintain around 180 steps per min (spm) for 30 secs, and then walk for 30 seconds.  I did this 4 times.  My normal cadence is usually around 180 spm, so this wasn't anything out of the ordinary for me.  This drill was followed by an acceleration drill. I did a 4 x 30 sec drill where I would start at a walking pace and smoothly build to a fast effort in 15 seconds and then slow back down to a walking pace within 15 seconds.  After the acceleration drill I did 5 x 800 meter repeats at a 7 min per mile pace with a 3 min walk break after each 800 meter repeat.  I ended with a 5 min cool down.

My next workout will be on Saturday and will include hill repeats.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the next several weeks have instore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment