Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Finding Center

Today I went on a solo training run up on the San Joaquin River Trail that's located just about 20 mins from my house.

I've been feeling a lot more focused lately and more centered.  My workouts have been more intense and purposeful.  I've been running pretty well for the last couple of weeks and I'm feeling pretty strong.  My training partners (running and jiu jitsu) have been pushing me outside of my comfort zone, and I'm becoming more and more comfortable with the discomfort of pushing myself physically harder again.

I'm starting to eat healthier again, especially since I have a race coming up in a few weeks, and I'm feeling pretty good.  I've started meditating again everyday and playing chess as well.  My head feels less cloudy and I'm feeling more and more centered again.

During my trail run today I felt pretty good.  I was focused on the trail, and ran a little faster than I normally do.  The miles flew by and I was totally "in the moment" during my run.  I ran as hard as I could up and down the trail and took in the magnificent views along the way. 

I got back to my car about 30 mins faster than I had planned.  I felt pretty good about how my 16 mile run had gone, and felt even better about the head space I was in during the run.

I'm going to try to hit the trail again on Sunday,  and hopefully I'll be able to take some company with me.  As much as I enjoy hitting the trail alone and clearing my head, sometimes it's nice to share the experience with my friends.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment