Monday, October 26, 2015

Recovery

Today I took a "rest day."  No running, no weights, no jiu jitsu, and no exercise. I'll take it pretty easy this week, aside from running. I'll probably get 3 decent runs in this week to prep for Sunday's marathon.  I plan on lifting very light weights since  I stained my right shoulder while training last week getting ready for the U.S. Open. My shoulder still feels petty sore today, and I really want it to heal.

Bernard has already pick out a tournament for him and I to do in February of 2016.  I don't have any races that month so a jiu jitsu tournament should fit in nicely.

While I'm already getting prepared for my next tournament, I'm still going to remain training hard for my next few races.

This next week I'll map out a running and jiu jitsu training schedule.  I feel like both sports complement each other.  Jiu Jitsu helps my running, and running helps out my jiu jitsu game.  Cross training is huge and I feel has helped me avoid serious injuries.

Over the next few weeks I'm planning on really ramping up my running efforts to mainly focus on the 100k I'm running in mid November. I would really like to have a solid run at this event.

The San Joaquin 100k is going to be a very hard event, but it's going to be a blast and I'm really looking forward to it.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment