Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I'm Taking An Unexpected Break From Running

This year I decided to take the first couple weeks of the year easy.  I started lifting weights again, doing Jiu Jitsu a couple times a week, and I was taking it easy with my running. 

The other day I was exercising at my house on a rowing machine that one of my friends is letting me borrow.  I really wanted to make sure I was getting a full body workout, so I made sure that I was using my upper body to pull back on the rowing machine, and I was using my legs  to bring myself forward on the machine.  I did the rowing maching for about 15 minutes and become a little bored... and my butt was getting tired from all the sitting.  I soon stopped with the rowing workout and went for a short run before I had to go to work.

My plan was to do an easy 4 mile run.  Right away my legs felt heavy.  I was planning on running the 4 miles at a 7 min per mile pace, but I was struggling to maintain an 8 min per mile pace.

After my run was finished I got cleaned up and headed to work.

That evening while at work, I was doing a lot of work on the computer.  After sitting on my ass for a couple hours I decided I should get up and get a soda.  That's when I noticed a huge discomfort in my left groin.  I'm not sure what I did, but I seem to have somehow managed to aggravate it.

A few days have gone by and the slight discomfort is still there.  I'm trying to be smart and avoid running as much as I can.  Aside from the training group I'm currently assisting for the California Classic Half Marathon, I'm doing no running at all until my leg feels 100% better.

For now I'm just lifting light weights and doing whatever I can to stay fit.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be back on the road hammering out a few miles.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

...unless you're injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment