Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Recovery & Training (12 Days until my Next 100)

On August 3rd and 4th I ran the Cool Moon 100 miler.  This coming August 17th and 18th I'm running the Run-De-Vous 100 miler.  After finishing the Cool Moon 100 my body is obviously a little beat up.  My goal for Run-De-Vous is to run a sub 23 hour finishing time.  For the few short days between races I need to train, but still be smart enough to let my body recover.  I've never ran two 100 mile races so close together before, and the Cool Moon 100 was no joke!!!  I should have my blog entry about that race done before this week is over.

Today I woke up a little sore.  I forced myself to run 2 miles.  My ankles were sore for the first half mile, and after that they first half mile they started to loosen up.  Before I knew it I was running at a semi normal slow pace, but I felt like I was running and not hobbling around my neighborhood.

After my run I did the workout I was scheduled to do on my phones pushup app.
50 pushups
4 mins rest
28 pushups
4 min rest
24 pushups
4 mins rest
20 pushups
2 min rest
18 pushups

Over the next few days I will be pushing my training, but also listening to my body.  I need to make sure I'm getting enough rest, but at the same time I need to keep safely pushing myself so I'll still have a chance on hitting my finishing time goal of sub 23 hours in 12 days.

So... as I just stated, rest is important.  This means I should end this blog update now and get some sleep.  I need to get up early to get a few more miles in.


Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment