Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Goals

I have many personal goals for the year 2012.  I want to finish four 100 mile races (3 down, one more to go) PR at many different distances (already hit a PR this year in 50k, 50 mile, and 100 mile... now I have to hit a 5k PR to make the year complete) and also finish this year with having ran 2000 miles or more.

The 2000 mile goal was a goal that I really wanted to hit last year, but I didn't keep very good records of my runs and I honestly have no idea how many miles I ran.  I think it was close to 2000 miles, but I'm not 100% sure.

This year I've been making sure to log every run.  To be on pace for a 2000 mile yearly total I need to be at 1500 miles by the end of September.  I'm happy to say that today is September 26th and I'm currently at 1512 miles.  I'm a few miles ahead of schedule.  I'm also happy that I still have 3 races lined up for this year.  I still have a marathon, a 50 miler, and a 125 mile race.  I need to run just under 500 more miles to hit a yearly total of 2000 miles.  In the next 3 months I'll run a total of 201 miles as long as I successfully complete my last 3 long races of this year.  That leaves me with just under 300 miles of training runs to accomplish in 3 months.  That's just 100 miles a month.  That is totally doable.

I've always felt to need to give myself yearly goals.  It's nice to see that I'm lined up to hit everyone of them this year.

I can honestly say the only one that has me nervous is hitting my 5k PR.  I need to run a sub 19 min time for a PR, and I'm pretty sure I can hit that time, but my ultimate goal is to run in under 18 mins.  For the next few weeks not only will I focus on my long runs, but I'll also be working on my speed work. 

It's going to take a lot of focus and training to hit my sub 18 goal, but I'm ready to put in the hard work to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment