Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sub 18

I've accomplished many things in the short time I've been running ultras.  In my first two years of running ultras I ran four 100 mile races, five 50 mile races, twelve 50k races, a few road marathons, and even had to take 2 months off for a stress fracture.  Within my first year of running ultras I ran and finished 16 events, and that doesn't count road marathons.

I've been running a lot of ultras ever since my first one on February 6th of 2010.  I love running ultras, and I've accomplished a lot in the short time I've been running them... but there's one goal I've been chasing for the last 3 years that keeps getting away from me.

What's that goal?  It's a short one... My goal is to run a sub 18 min 5k.  That's right, the guy that has been on an ultra marathon rampage just wants to run a really good 5k (3.1 mile) race.  So far my 5k PR is 19:01.  I need to shave over a full minute off of my best time.  I really hope 2012 will be the year I can do this.

After I accomplish this goal, I will go for the other goal I haven't reached yet... running a half marathon in under 1 hour and 30 minutes.

As much as I love running trail ultras, and being out on the trails running for hours at a time, I also still have a love for really fast paced short races.  It's also nice to run a race and be done before lunch time.


until next time... keep running!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment