Thursday, December 22, 2022

12-20-22 Band Practice


A long time ago I played guitar in a couple different bands, and it never really went anywhere, but I had a ton of fun writing music.  I eventually stopped playing and gave away most of my gear.  A few years ago I decided to pick up my guitar again and start fooling around a little.  

I started watching Ola Englund on YouTube and doing his weekly Sunday With Ola (SWOLA) riff challenges.  This got me to start playing and writing again.  This would lead to me wanting to play and write music a lot more.  After a bit of playing, and buying more gear to replace what I have given away, I decided I really wanted to write some songs again and put a band together.

On of the guys I train Jiu Jitsu with plays the drums, and when I suggested that we get together and play he was interested.  My son has been playing guitar, drums, and now bass guitar as well.  Now with Connor playing drums, my son Brandon playing bass, and myself on guitar we are able to almost have a full band.  We have the frame work for 5 songs and just need to find a singer.  We try to get together once a week and play, and it's a ton of fun.  We have a goal of finding someone to sing, get 3 more songs down, and then hopefully play somewhere by this coming summer.

Running has taken a backseat for now in my life, but I'm happy to be playing and writing music again.

No comments:

Post a Comment