Thursday, August 11, 2022

Headlands150 Miler 2021


This is my video from last years Headlands 150 miler.  I ended up dropping at mile 62.  I went back to the start/finish area, sat in my car and had a pity party.  My friend Joseph was running the 100 mile event and had no pacer.  I decided that since I dropped out of my event I should help Joseph and at least pace him for the last 50 miles of his race.

This was my first DNF on this course.  Deep down I wanted the 150 miler to be my last ultra.  I haven't felt as driven to do this anymore.  I feel like running 100 mile races at one time consumed my life, but the fire is slowly burning out.  Between family, running, jiu jitsu, writing music, and work... I can only do so much.  I feel like running is taking a backseat.  

This coming weekend I'll attempt the finish my 11th Headlands 100.  It might me my last... but maybe I'll change my mind and be out there in 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment