Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Training Progress

 My friend Joseph has been doing my workouts with me.  The workouts have been getting slowly harder.  We have been usually doing a long run on Monday's, 800 meter repeats on Thursday's, and hill repeats on Saturday's.

Yesterday (Monday) we didn't do a long run.  Instead we had 6 x 800 meter repeats on the schedule.  These have usually been at a 7 min per mile pace, but on this day it was a 6:30-6:40 pace on the schedule.  It was hard, and I was glad I had a partner pushing me.  If I did this workout solo, I probably would have stopped on the 4th repeat.  Doing 6 repeats felt like I was really being pushed.

This coming Thursday we have 6 x 800 scheduled again, but this time it will be at a 7 min mile pace, and I am really looking forward to the pace.  

I'm feeling more and more comfortable with my Garmin Training Program, and I think it will really help me in preparing for this years Headlands 100 miler.

I haven't signed up for the race yet, but I will be signing up very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment