Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Running... Progress?

Last Saturday my workout was pretty straight forward. Warm-up, one mile at a very hard effort, then a cool down.  The warm-up went well, and it all fell apart right after that.  I was hoping to run close to a 6 min mile, but ended up running close to a 7:35 pace.  I did the workout at the track. The first lap felt good, the second wasn't bad, and then the last half mile fell apart.  I think I was just a little more tired than I realized, and I was having a bad day.  I also need to accept that these days happen.

On Sunday I did my workout with my friends, a workout that isn't part of the Garmin workout.  We mix weights with a track workout.  Basically 20 reps of whatever we decide, then one lap around the track, and repeat. I usually end up doing 3-4 miles within around an hour.  On Sunday I got two miles in and called it a day.  I know that I wasn't feeling very energetic and also really ate bad that day and I feel like I didn't get in enough calories for what that workout requires. 

I was supposed to do a 5 mile run on Monday, but forgot that it was on Monday and I did it on Tuesday.  I ran later in the day and it was hotter than what I'm use to right now.  I basically did my 10 min warm-up, got 2 miles into my 5 mile run and called it a day.  I just wasn't feeling it.  I feel like I'm not getting the sleep I need as well, and everything is catching up to me.

Tomorrow I have 5 x 800 meter repeats on the schedule.   Hopefully it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment