Thursday, February 24, 2022

02-23-2022

I'm driving my car down a back road and before I know know it there is a car coming at me head on.  I realize I'm in the wrong lane.  I quickly swerve to the right side of the road avoiding an accident.  I look at the person sitting in the passenger seat and tell them, "sorry about that, I guess I wasn't paying attention.  That was a close call."  Then all of a sudden a car comes into my lane and approaches us head on.  We collide and my car flips several times.

I tell myself "This is where and how you die."  The crash ends and I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I feel nothing.  I realize that I must be dead.  This can't be a dream, because you're not supposed to be able to die in your dreams.  You always wake up before it happens.

I start to have an inner dialog with myself.  I tell myself, "SHIT, this must be it, this is what death is.  I conclude that my conscience is still alive, but my body isn't.  I feel I'm in a state of meditation, very deep meditation, and I'm too far inside my head and that I might not be able to get out.

I accept the fact that I've died and that this is the new state of things.  My mind starts to race.  I realize that I haven't been meditating much and that I have no control of my mind.  I start to freak out a little.  "You need to calm yourself, this is where you are now.  If you can't get your shit together you're going to be in a bad space mentally."  I slowly calm myself and except what has happened and where I am.  I feel a rush of calmness come over me.

As I come to accept everything I realize that my eyes are closed, but I'm awake In my bed.  I sit up and open my eyes.  It's 3:20am and I'm alive.  I tell myself to go back to bed.

I've reflected on this dream a lot this week.  I often wonder, "what if today is my last day?"  We never know when our time will come.  It can be any day.


No comments:

Post a Comment