Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Flaws


A few months ago I made a pedal board to store and organize my guitar effect pedals. After I carefully measured everything, built it, painted it, placed the pedals in the exact way I wanted them set up... I noticed I messed up. I didn't leave enough clearance to plug my guitar into my wah pedal.

I had two options. I could add something under the wah pedal to raise it up enough so that the input jack would clear the side rail, or I could cut into the rail and make a clearance that way.

I decided I would cut into the rail and make some adjustments so I could plug my guitar into the wah pedal without it putting and unwanted pressure on the cable or input jack.

I'm not much of a carpenter. My tools slipped a few times taking off some extra paint. I figured it was no big deal because I was going to touch up the board anyway. 

By the time I was done I looked at all the extra paint that had come off. I sanded the board down and was about to add a little bit of paint to it. After I looked at the board for a few mins I decided not to paint it. I'm just going to leave it how it is. This "flaw" will remind me to do a better job at double checking my next project before I say it's done. It also reminds me that not everything in life is perfect, and not everything has to be. I'm not perfect... in fact, I'm pretty flawed.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment