Sunday, March 11, 2018

11-18-2017 SJRT 100k





On November 18th 2017 I ran the SJRT 100k.  I ran this race back in 2014 when it was a 50 miler, and again in 2015 when it was changed to the 100k distance.  Because of my schedule in 2016 I was unable to run this race.  I was very happy to have a chance to get out on the trail and run this race again, especially after not being able to run it the year before.

One thing I really like about this race is the fact that it's a local race for me.  It only takes me about 30 mins to get to the start line from my house.  I also like that I get to run this race with all the local people that live around here.  I do most of my training alone, so it's nice to be able to run a few miles with some friends at events like this.

The race started at 5:30am and it is dark for about the first hour of the run.  Right before the sun was all the way up I thought to myself, "Maybe it would be ok to turn my headlamp off now."  Right after this thought popped into my head, I fell.  I decided to keep my headlamp on for a few more minutes.

Around 9:30am I made it to the aid station at mile 18.5ish.  I went to my drop bag and got half a tri tip sandwich and a Mt Dew that I had pack away.  At this point I was really hungry and the sandwich was tasting really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment