Tuesday, November 7, 2017

None

There were times in my life
I felt like you let me down
There were times in my life
I felt like you weren't around

I was sitting there
Alone in the dark
On this lonely journey
I was forced upon to embark

I have stumbled and fallen
Countless times along the way
Waiting in the darkness
For the shinning light of day

I felt so alone
I felt so helpless
I felt so betrayed
I felt so faithless

But as a father
I completely understand
You have to let your children fall
So that they can learn how to stand

I've done this with my son
I've done this with my daughter
I'd like to think I did this
Because I'm a loving father

I know how hard it is
To watch your child fall
And how good inside it feels
When they dust themselves off and stand tall

There are lesson I learned
That I now comprehend
It just takes some time
For old wounds to mend

As I look at this new path
With an open mind and an open heart
I finally feel ready
For a brand new start

No comments:

Post a Comment