Tuesday, October 31, 2017

untitled

There's someone I haven't talked to
in a very long time.
they use to be someone
that was a pretty good friend of mine.

A tragic loss
that i couldn't comprehend
I turned to this person
my very close friend

I needed some answers
to the questions I had
it felt like you turned your back
and I became very mad

It felt like you were gone
and so very far away
and I didn't really care
I had nothing to say

We didn't talk for so many years
and I didn't really care
feeling let down again by you
might be too much to bare

We spoke in February of 2006
then again in March of 2008
I wanted to patch things up
but it felt like it was too late

Our dialogue on those days
was short and very brief
I sat there and I questioned
all of my beliefs

Did you turn your back on me
or did I turn my back on you
a loss that caused me so much pain
I blamed it all on you

Some lessons we learn in life
we process over time
how could you take someone away
who was so loving and so kind

It is now that I can finally see
the lesson I have learned
I feel like our friendship
Is starting to return

We spoke the other day
for the first time in awhile
at the end of it all
I finally cracked a smile

It feel like a weight
has been lifted off my chest
after all these bitter years
I can finally rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment