Friday, December 6, 2013

My last long run of 2013... 55ish miles

Tomorrow I will set out on my last long run of 2013…

My old running friend Sarah called me up a couple weeks ago and asked me about a 130 mile charity run I had just done from Bakersfield to Fresno for the Ronald McDonald House.  We talked a little bit about the route I took, rest breaks, crewing, and the overall logistics of planning the run.

Sarah informed me that she was planning a similar type of event and she wanted to know if I could run with her.  The run she is planning is for the Toys for Tots charity and The United Way, and would be around 55 miles.

Sarah encouraged me to run my first marathon back in 2009.  When she asked me to run with her there was no way I could turn her down.  We use to train all the time together, but as time has passed we have seen less and less of each other. 

This weekend is the Toys for Tots Marathon fundraising weekend and the weekend of our run.  We will start our run in the town of Visalia at 6:00am at the Marine Corps Toys for Tots drop off location.  Sarah and I will then make our 55ish mile journey back home to Fresno and finish at the Marine Corps Toys for Tots drop off location at the River Park shopping center

We are planning on taking it easy on the run and shooting for an 11 hour finishing time.  We have been looking at the weather reports for this weekend… and I really hope they’re wrong.  It looks like we will start at 6:00am in Visalia with temperatures as low as 27 degrees and a high in Fresno of 47 degrees.  There’s also a good chance of rain in Visalia and Fresno.  The weather conditions will definitely make this an interesting run.

After this weekend I plan on taking the next couple weeks easy, catching up on editing my running videos, updating my blog, and resting.


Until next time…


KEEP RUNNING!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment