Thursday, March 29, 2018

Rodeo Beach 50k December 12th 2017




Back in December of 2017 Alisha and I went to Rodeo Beach and ran our first 50k together.  At this point we we had been dating for a couple months and running a lot together.  I was really excited to run this event with Alisha.  Rodeo Beach is the start point of the Headlands 100, and the Rodeo Beach 50k used a lot of the same trails that the Headlands 100 uses.

This was also the first day of a fundraiser I did back back in December where I ran 26.2 miles (or more) for 10 days in a row.  Having my first day of my 10 days of running on this trail system made the event even more special to me.  I love running in the Marin Headlands area, and I was really excited to share this experience with Alisha.

Alisha has become my training partner, best friend, and we plan on getting married this year.  She constantly pushes me to give my best effort, and is very encouraging in every aspect of my life.

It was awesome running the Rodeo Beach 50k with her.  We were running on trails that I love running on, and we were still at the point of our relationship where we were still learning a lot about each other.  Taking the entire day to drive up at a race, then run, and then drive back home gave us a lot of time to talk.

We have our second 50k lined up for this coming weekend.  I'm really looking forward to running this distance with her again.  She in better shape than I am right now, so I know that I'm probably going to struggle trying to stay on pace with her.  She's getting stronger and stronger every race she runs, and has been running super strong this year.  I'm pretty excited to see how fast we run the 50k this Saturday.

...hopefully she doesn't run it so fast that I can't keep up.



until next time...


KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment