Friday, September 22, 2017

Lunch & Races

Today I got lunch with my ultra running buddy Sheri.  Our friendship began somewhere around mile 30ish at American River 50 miler back in 2015.  We started talking during the race and Sheri asked me, "don't you work at the Fleet Feet in Fresno? I think you helped me a couple times."  After we started talking we decided to run the rest of the race together.  We instantly became friends and started running together once the race was over and we got back to Fresno.

Back in April of this year we ran American River together once again.  We decided before the race even started that we would run the entire event together.  Sheri and I haven't seen much of each other since April and we decided to catch up and get lunch today.  Sheri mentioned a few races she's interested in doing this coming 2018. One race she mentioned is the Way to Cool 50k. I've never ran this race before, but I'm thinking about joining her.  I've always thought about doing this race, and now I have a reason to do it.

It's fun to have races planned out that I want to run solo, and run fast... but it's also fun to find events that I can run for fun with my close friends.  It's nice sharing the trail with my good friends, catching up, and just enjoying being out in nature.



Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment