Friday, September 8, 2017

9-08-17

I'm sitting in my hotel room with my friend Chris,  trying to clear my head and relax. I need to get to bed soon. Headlands 100 will start in just under 10 hours. I need to be up at 5am, so I really need to head to bed soon.

It's crazy how much my life has changed in the last year, 2 years, 3 years, since 2010 when I first ran this event.

I've had so much positive and negative in my life... I can't help but wonder where I'll be next year at this time.

So many things run through my head when I run this distance. The hard part about this distance isn't only the physical aspect, but the mental aspect is what will make or break the day.  Can I keep my head together, fight through the lifetime of emotions that often play through my head.  Being in your own head space for over 25 hours straight isn't always easy.  Sometime the random dark demons come out, and sometimes they stay around for miles and miles.

I want to finish faster than I did last year.  All I could think about this morning is that I'm going to have to embrace the discomfort tomorrow, and see how well I can push myself without physically and mentally breaking down.

Buddhists in Tibet believe that the further and more difficult a distance you travel to
Holy places, the greater the spiritual reward... I can't help but feel like this race has become that yearly journey for me.

Well... I could write more, but I should get to bed.

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment