Thursday, July 13, 2017

Mileage at Dirty Dozen

Last weekend I ran the Dirty Dozen 12 hour race at Point Pinole Regional Park.  I went into this event not really sure about what kind of mileage I would be able to run in 12 hours, mainly because I didn't have the time available to train like I would have liked to.

I went into the event wanting to run 62 miles, but knowing that with how much time I had been devoting to running, anything over 55 miles would be a success.

As a motivator to run as far as I could, I asked my friends and those of you who read my blog to please pledge $1.00 for every mile over the 50 mile mark that I was able to run to Campaign for Free Tibet.  I'm happy to say that I was able run 60.6 miles during the 12 hour race.  This distance put me in 4th place overall, and 2nd place in my age group.  For those of you willing to make a donation you can do so at https://freetibet.org/donate

I took some video while I was running the race.  This week I should be able to get the video edited along with a more detailed blog.  I'm also going to try to get my video from American River 50 miler done (I'm a little behind since that race took place back in April).

My next event will be Headlands 100 this coming September 9th.  I'm looking forward to running this event for the 8th time.  I'm going to do my best to do weekly updates on my training.


Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment