Sunday, July 2, 2017

It's Been Awhile

It's been awhile since I've written anything on here.  I've been meaning to, but I've just fallen off for whatever reason.  I ran American River Run back in April and paced my friend Audrey at the Miwok 100k... so I have plenty to write about, I've just been a little distracted and busy I guess.  I also have video that I need to edit from both of those events.

I figured that I should jump on here tonight and write something, especially since I've had a couple people come into where I work, Fleet Feet Sports in Fresno, and ask me why I haven't updated my blog in a few months.

So, here I am... writing again.

This coming Saturday I am running the Dirty Dozen 12 hour race at Point Pinole Regional Park.  My training has not been what I would like it to be, but some training is better than no training.  In the last couple weeks my left calf muscle has been bugging me a little bit.  I was planning on going on an easy run today after work, but for some reason by the end of m shift my calf was really bothering me.  I decided to see how things would go anyway.

I walked over to Woodward Park after my shift at Fleet Feet was over.  I walked over to the hill that I planned on doing some repeats on, and my calf was feeling really tight.  I sat on a bench at the bottom of the hill and tried to massage the muscle out a little, but that didn't do me any good.  I ran about 5 feet and had to stop.  The pain in my leg was too much to handle and there was no way I would be able to safely run on it.  I sat back down for a few mins, and then decided to walk back to my car.

So, now I'm sitting here on the couch, wondering what will come of my upcoming race.  Will my leg feel better tomorrow so that I can run the 7 miles I planned on... or will it hurt?

I was actually planning on using this upcoming 12 hour run as a last minute fundraiser for the Free Tibet Campaign.  I wanted to see if I could get some friends to make a donating based on how many miles I am able to run, but now I'm not sure if I'll even be able to run.

I hope that maybe some time on my Trigger Point foam roller between today and Saturday morning will help my leg feel better, and I'm trying to stay optimistic about it.  I tend to have a high pain tolerance, so when something actually stops me from training I take it pretty seriously.

Hopefully tomorrow morning everything will feel fine if I get some good rest and foam rolling in tonight.

With a little bit of luck I'll be on here tomorrow posting about how my Monday morning run went amazing and how good my leg feels.  I guess we will just have to see what tomorrow has waiting for me.


until next time...


KEEP RUNNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment