Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Break Time Is Over

I haven't ran much since Thanksgiving, and I wasn't really running much before that as well.  Last night I decided to get back into swing with my old night time workout.  So last night I did a bunch of pushups and single leg squats.

My real motivated for getting back into this routine hit me last week.  Last Thursday I decided to go for a run on a trail that is about 30 mins from my house.  I haven't ran any trails in a long time, and it was showing during this training run.

I was running on the San Joaquin River Trail and I was not having the level of fun that I usually do.  The entire run I felt like I was getting my ass kicked.  I wasn't running the hills like I use to, and I was feeling really tired.  I wanted to get in 12 to 14 miles, but cut it short at 8ish miles. My garmin malfunctioned 5 miles into my run, but I'm pretty sure my route was just over 8 miles.

It sucks when you go out for a mentally relaxing run, but you end up just getting your butt kicked and wishing it was over.

So... now I'm back to doing the things that allowed me to comfortability push up the hills and run hard without feeling like I'm about to die. 

I hated how I felt during my run last week, and hopefully I can hit the trail again soon and not feel like shit.  I know it won't take much time to get back what I've lost.  It's not like I'm completely out of shape.  I just need to start doing the workouts that work for me.  It's time for a lot of pushups, single leg squats, jumping rope, and H.I.I.T. workouts.

The good thing about logging your workouts is that you can go back and look at what seemed to actually work and what didn't work. 

It's like KRS-ONE said... "If you don't repeat the actions of your own success, you can't be successful. You gotta know your own formula, your own ingredients, what made you, YOU."

Until next time...

KEEP RUNNING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment